domingo, 11 de octubre de 2020

Icked - Kyla Tilley

 Icked - Kyla Tilley


Walled within my cubicle grey carpet walls all wired in to systems down 

Sitting in my business casual although there were no skill requirements here 

On Friday pay my dollar for the privilege to wear jeans and sneakers all week-end long 

Just another shitty occupation masquerading as a real career 


And it makes me want to hurt myself and others 

It makes me whine, it makes me sit and cry 

It makes me laugh with psychotic abandon 

And it makes me hate everything about the world 


My friends are worried for my well being it's very kind of them to think of me here 

Going blind from blinking screens displaying billing inquiries I can't decipher 

There's a ringing in my ear oh wait that's meant to be there that's the job description 

Is it morning night or noon a Monday Wednesday Friday I don't know anymore 

But I know I want to hurt myself and others 

I know I need to drink myself to sleep 

I know it's wrong to do this to my body

 I don't care I hate everything about the world 

And there's a world outside 

A sky overhead this windowless cavern 

Dotted with sprinklers in case of a fire 

Cause fires are likely when you treat adults like they're five 


Living break to break I watch the clock obediently waiting for my set time 

Enter password rank and SIN employee number just for 15 minutes of air 

There's many doors but just one works the others are all decoys there to keep us inside 

To eat their cancer-causing vended processed microwavable meals that are nutrient free 


And it makes me want to hurt myself and others 

It makes me whine, it makes me sit and cry 

It makes me laugh with psychotic abandon 

And it makes me hate everything about the world 

It makes me ponder on 

The world's darkest prisons and do they comply to ISO standard nine thousand and one

 Or do they have much better systems in place 

Here they recommend that you partake in taking toxic drinks to keep you awake 

Playing games to boost moral and big fake smiles no using common sense for positive change Remember we're a team but don't ask questions no one knows or cares we're here for our pay

 No one there to bother with enforcing their collection of arbitrary rules 


And it makes me want to hurt myself and others

 It makes me whine, it makes me sit and cry 

It makes me laugh with psychotic abandon

 And it makes me hate everything about the world

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario